A Five-Week Series to Support Your Cycle
Guided by Tess
| All Sundays in April - April 1st through 29th - 9:00-11:00AM
Do you feel like your body, mind, and emotions run the show that is your life? Do you find it difficult to access space, in your body, between thoughts, among conflicting feelings? Do you understand your patterns and cycles?
Many women find that the accelerated pace of life threatens to undermine their health, erode their sense of self, and shake their spiritual center. The pressure of living up to expectations adds to the stress of a hectic schedule. This stress, along with environmental pollutants and junk food, can contribute to the breakdown of the immune system and disturbances of the hormone system, putting women at risk for problems such as fibroid tumors, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and menstrual irregularities.
— Bobby Clennell (Author of The Woman’s Yoga Book)
Once you learn more about the healing capacity of your body, along with your patterns and cycles, what was once overwhelming suddenly offers you the power to support your well-being as a woman. In this five-week course, you’ll receive an in-depth understanding of how yoga can support you during each phase of your cycle, within the context of the cycle of your life (from menarche to menopause).
Each week will offer a specific focus and will always include:
- A discussion of the physiological changes that occur throughout a typical 29.5-day cycle.
- Asana and pranayama practices for specific times of your cycle (e.g., during your period, after your period, before your period - PMS).
- Essential oil blends for certain times during your cycle.
- Asana and pranayama practices for specific menstrual irregularities (e.g., migraine headaches, bloating, insomnia, cramps, light or excessive bleeding).
- A year’s worth of circular calendars to support tracking symptoms and observations throughout cycle.
$108/five-week series or $25/drop-in - registration encouraged!